At first, tell me one thing, before starting for a drive on a sunny morning, what thing in the car do you expect to be properly activated? Ye, it is the brake pads. Experts tell us that a defective brake is one of the leading causes of road accidents.
So, the best brake for your Subaru Impreza is a must. Now come to the point, what to look for while purchasing a brake? Find that type of brake that offers the lowest dust and noise pollution. Bosch and Akebono brake pads are far ahead of doing these. So, to know what type of brake will suit your car, have a look at this article.
Brake Pads for Subaru Impreza
1. Bosch BC1114 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set – Best for Eliminating Noise
Bosch BC1114 is that type of brake pad that gives exceptional stopping power rather than the other brakes available on market. It gives soft, quiet braking with minimum dust or pollution. The multilayer shim is for higher strength and reduction of noise.
It is best for copper-free ceramic and semi-metallic braking formula which is currently unavailable in other brakes. Not only that, it has brought the antilock braking system and electronic stability control system. So, it gives smooth driving with top quality every time. This brake pad can go with all automobiles, trucks, or SUVs.
Bosch is available with premium quality and durability. Its protective transfer layer makes protection on the rotor or pad surface. So, it extends the life of the rotor and its pads.
And now, if we come to the drawbacks, Bosch may show the signs of chipping after nearly one month. Some users complained about its paint works on the brake body parts. It starts to fade after some days.
- Its aluminum-based alloy gives advanced friction.
- The high-quality shim gives corrosion resistance.
- It is available with all kits needed to install it.
- Best for all domestic, Asian, or European cars.
- They are a little bit noisy.
- Provides no metal clips. So, quite difficult to install!
2. Akebono Brake Pad Set – Best for Servicing in Any Driving condition
Akebono Brake Pad Set is made in the USA. So, probably there is no doubt about its quality and features. It is considered the Ultra-Premium brake of the market. It provides the ultimate braking quality and fits on the majority of the vehicles.
Not only these, but it is also best for eliminating unwanted noise, vibration or harshness using its vehicle-optimized friction system. Akebono also helps to limit wheel dust and pollution. Generally, it is the upgraded version of the OE ceramic pads and the local conventional pads.
Its Ultra-Premium formula had made a consistent and smooth braking power. And it can serve on any driving mode, even on panic stops! It can run with any car like domestic, Japanese or European ones. You can surely get a smooth and quiet stopping whenever you press the brake.
However, it doesn’t fit on Subaru Outback H6 engine or WRX models. So, their claim that the brake fits on all is wrong! Besides, its pad materials are too thick to fit on slotted rotors.
- Best class braking with initial effectiveness.
- Doesn’t fade easily like the other brakes.
- Keeps the wheels and tires away from dust.
- Causes less wear brake rotors.
- Its seams make unwanted moves while braking.
- Seams don’t have any secured mechanism. So, they make vibrations on the front wheels.
3. Genuine Subaru 26296FG010 Pad Kit – Best for Its Durability
Genuine Subaru is made from high-quality materials. Besides, it is a good option with low dust emission. This brake pad is considered a genuine OEM part. And so, you will get the best performance and effectiveness with your car.
Not only for Subaru Impreza, but it also works great on the 2012 Subaru Legacy or Subaru Forester. With the brake pad, the kit set is included. Here the kit comes with pads, shims, hardware, etc. So, the user will face no difficulty in installing!
In addition, Genuine Subaru can run about a thousand miles without wearing out. Its parts will last so long and never disappoint you. They are well-engineered to work with all Subaru models.
Now come to the drawbacks, the front pads of Genuine Subaru are quite thick. And so, they don’t stand in their place. They are not suitable for the 2009 Forester 2.5X and 2009 Impreza.
- Genuine Subaru ensures an affordable price.
- Can last for nearly 140 thousand miles!
- Instruction papers (two little sheets) are included inside the kit for a safe and easy install.
- Offers a quiet operation with no sound pollution.
- If the pad doesn’t fit on your truck, it may cause rubber-burning smells while driving.
- Quite difficult to install the front brake pads.
4. Front & Rear Premium Posi Ceramic Brake Pad Set – Best for Taking Stress While Stopping
Premium Posi Ceramic Brake Pad is one of those brakes on the market which are amazing for great stopping. Besides, it also works well for eliminating noise/vibration. This brake pad body is fully made of ceramic.
According to the customers, this brake pad’s performance is so good and it works well to stop the vehicle. In the brake pad set, you will find grease for brake pad contact and the brake pad hardware and get a safe and quick installation. 8 pieces of front and rear brake pads are here for the overall braking system for any vehicle.
This kit also supplies shims so you will not need to buy extra shim here. And if you talk about the services, the manufacturing company is ready to give direct replacement if you find any fault on your brakes. It is compatible with the maximum Subaru models.
Though they claim themselves noise-free brakes, they are a little bit noisier than organic brakes. Because of being a ceramic brake, it wears out quicker than other brake pads. And these can cause wear on brake rotors too.
- Bears a precision cut and a shaved plate.
- Minimizes vibration and noise.
- Gives stable braking.
- Fits properly in the vehicle caliper.
- Produces more dust.
- Quite expensive.
- It can lose some braking power when it is heated.
5. EBC Brakes UD929 Ultimax OEM Replacement Brake Pad – Best for Improving Driving Experiences
If you are searching for an ideal brake pad for daily use, then EBC Brake pads are for you. EBC UD929 brake pad is said to be a premium quality OE replacement pad. It bears high-quality European friction ability and is suitable for all non-sport driving, SUVs, and trucks.
Its shims are slotted and chamfered. And, the disc pads are British-made. So, it can easily give you the performance of any OEM pad. The EBC brakes are famous for their high-friction ability and long-lasting service.
As a special advantage, EBC UD929 Ultimax brakes bear slots at the center and chamfers at the edge. So, it is great for noise reduction. The coating on the braking surface delivers the fastest stopping power. Hardware and wear indicators are included in the set for installation.
However, it has some drawbacks too. This pad is too thick to fit. If you fit without its shims, the wheel may not turn. Despite ensuring a great stop, it is dustier than the other brakes. You may need to spray the brake washer.
- Great pads at a cheap price!
- The pad’s friction side has a layer to eliminate deposits from rotors.
- Bears a good reputation for durability and build quality.
- No noise if you properly install them.
- Shims that are set on the back rear pads may seem difficult to keep tight.
- Produces a lot of dust after installation.
Q: How long does a brake pad last on Subaru Impreza?
Ans: The brake pads on Subaru Impreza last from 30000 miles to 70000 miles. Sometimes, it can rise to 60000 miles. It mainly depends on your vehicle condition and driving quality.
Q: Why do rear brake pads wear faster?
Ans: Most of the rear brakes wear faster than the front brake pads. It is because of the brake mechanism of the rear wheels. The vehicle size and weight put have an impact on that. But in the cars having a conventional proportioning valve, front brakes wear two times faster than the rears.
Q: How long does it take to replace a brake pad?
Ans: The time you require relies on the brake service you need. This also depends on your vehicle type and what instruments the shop has. It can take nearly fifteen minutes to one hour.
Q: Is it needed to bleed brakes while changing brake pads?
Ans: You can replace the brake pads with and without bleeding. When you open the fluid lines, then you will need to bleed them. It takes only ten minutes to bleed. Try to bleed after two or three years.
Before buying, make sure that your brake bears enough strength, premium quality. Besides, choose the brake that gives better durability and extreme performance in any condition. Here all of our five brake pads for Subaru Impreza bear these features along with other special qualities. So, read this article and find the best one.