Apart from taking you from one place to the other, your car needs to be able to stop and start when you need it to. This is a requirement not only for a clean drive but for your safety.
And it’s because we value both of those that we’ve compiled this special list of the brake pads for Mazda 6 with their reviews. Disc brakes have a great utility of brake pads. Not only are they important for providing friction, but they also keep the balance of your car in check.
So, while you upgrade your car’s various parts every now and then, make sure to get your brake pads checked as well. Any skillful mechanic will let you know just when your favorite Mazda needs new stopping pads.
But once that happens, you end up having to choose one from so many out there. And this article is precisely here for solving such dilemmas.Table could not be displayed.
- 1 Brake Pads for Mazda 6 Review
- 1.1 1. Bosch BC1164 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set for Zephyr; Mazda 6
- 1.2 2. For 2014-2015 Mazda 6 Front Rear Drill/Slot Brake Rotors+Ceramic Brake pads:
- 1.3 3. Detroit Axle – ALI (4) Front and Rear Drilled and Slotted Disk Brake Rotors with Ceramic Pads
- 1.4 4. Detroit Axle – Drilled & Slotted Front Brake Rotors & Brake Pads w/Clips Hardware Kit
- 1.5 5. Bosch BC1711 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set For Mazda 6
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Brake Pads for Mazda 6 Review
There are so many types of pads out there- ceramic, NAO, organic, etc. But which ones the best? What’s the latest one? For those of you who drive a Mazda 6, the potential upgrades for brake pads have been enlisted right here so that you don’t have to go through hundreds.
1. Bosch BC1164 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set for Zephyr; Mazda 6
No products found.
Coming in number one on the list is a product by Bosch, which is both durable and efficient. If you’re looking for something with a moderate price and exceptional stopping power, this is for you. Like most other of the company’s products, this one has been made with a multilayer shim having a rubber core. So, it blocks out sound and has a quiet performance.
The formulas used for its production are semi-metallic friction and patented copper-free ceramic formula. And wondering about the construction? Advanced aerospace alloys have been used in this amazing braking equipment. It’s even compliant with 2025 Copper Free legislation and comes with a proper hardware kit.
The kit contains synthetic lubricants and slots and chamfers that make sure your car comes off clean on the road. It has five layers of different materials that make it both durable and long-lasting. The first two layers are adhesive and steel. On top of those are rubber and steel again. Finally, the protective coating is given to make sure there’s less corrosion.
As for durability, the mere fact that this is a product of the name brand means it’s bound to last long. On top of that, there’s a protective transfer layer that extends both the rotor and the pad’s lifespan. In gist, it’s got amazing features in an amazing cost range.
- Weighs 2 pounds and comes with a hardware kit
- It has high quality, and long-lasting shim meant to resist corrosion
- Chemical-based protective transfer layer makes the rotor last longer
- Low noise and proper insulation of it
- Meant for rough use as it’s a ceramic pad
2. For 2014-2015 Mazda 6 Front Rear Drill/Slot Brake Rotors+Ceramic Brake pads:
No products found.
Making it 2nd in or list this kit is an affordable choice if you’re not planning on spending a fortune on your brakes. These brakes are awesome for daily use on the streets. These brakes will be a great replacement for your 2014 or 2015 Mazda 6’s stock brakes. The brakes pads and rotors are robust and will last you a long time.
This kit offers an array of choices according to your needs. Crossed Drilled rotors reduce the heats that build up while braking. The temperature may rise but only up to 105°F. These Cross drilled rotors are also chamfered, which makes them less brittle, lowering the chances of breaking. These types of rotors are manufactured for daily street performance.
If you are into Light track/rally, towing/howling, or off-road activities, you might want to get the slotted rotors. Diamond slot technology rotors prevent debris, and this prevents pad glazing. The diamond tips will wear out eventually and should be replaced.
Dilled and slotted is the best variety of them all, which will provide out with optimum stopping power, durability, and performance. These rotors are very durable and provide you with maximum stopping power, and this makes this kit reliable for your daily use.
- Different patterned rotors give a variety of use cases to choose from
- All the patterned rotors come with a special zinc plating, which will protect the rotors from corrosion.
- Provides maximum braking output
- Chamfered rotors reduce the chance of cracking
- The rotors prevent overheating and also remove road debris to extend the life of the brake pads.
3. Detroit Axle – ALI (4) Front and Rear Drilled and Slotted Disk Brake Rotors with Ceramic Pads
No products found.
This kit is quite popular among people who are looking for a replacement for the stock rotors of 2006 to 2012 Ford Fusion or a Mazda 6 from 2006 to 2007. The drilled and slotted disc brake rotors give up to 20% more braking power than standard rotors. A special Zinc dichromate layer prevents the metal from oxidizing and thus making it rust-free.
The brake pads are durable since they have practically zero metallic composition. Due to its 100 percent ceramic construct, it’s highly suitable for heavier use. Not to mention it’ll last you way longer than organic pads.
It comes with rotors that are coated with zinc dichromate. This makes sure there’s no rust or rubbing. One of the main problems that people face with their stopping pads is the dust and excessive rusting. Well, this won’t be a problem when you get this product.
The hardware for installation is also included to make the installation process simple, easy, and hassle-free. And the best thing about this item is the rotors. Many times, you’ll find the padding to be great but the rotors to be faulty. But in this case, the rotors are superb, giving almost 20 percent better-stopping strength compared to your basic rotors.
- Rotors will give up to 20% better braking power.
- Zinc Dichromate plating prevents rust formation.
- These pads are made of 100% authentic ceramic composition.
- Greater durability and performance with zero dust.
- Installation hardware is included in the package.
4. Detroit Axle – Drilled & Slotted Front Brake Rotors & Brake Pads w/Clips Hardware Kit
No products found.
If you’re tired of the generic metallic pads that come with most cars, try this one out. It’s perfect for models of Mazda 6 from the years 2006 to 2013. These are premium ceramic stopping pads that last longer and have a far superior performance compared to old school metallic ones. Its main features include a proper fit and finish, heavyweight, suitable for heavy-handed use, and durability.
The company is well known to produce great quality products in general. This one’s no exception. It stops on a dime and has a great grip. You don’t have to worry about any annoying noises either. It’s quiet and gets the job done in silence.
No doubt that it’s one of the best in the market. You’ll notice it even has great ratings on almost every seller site out there. This brake rotor set comes with its own hardware kit. Pad clips are included in the hardware set as well. So, you can install it yourself or take it to a mechanic for a quick job.
These are far more different from your basic OEM Specified products. The brake rotors that it comes with exceed the normal capacity and performance of OEM Specification. For a clean stop and accurate brake, this product is sure to deliver as per expectations.
- Perfect fit and the proper finish
- Appropriate for models from 2006 to 2013.
- Pad clips are included in their kit for installation.
- Amazing durability and smoothness on the road.
- Built is superior to metallic ones.
5. Bosch BC1711 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set For Mazda 6
No products found.
When it comes to stopping on the road, it’s the little things that matter. A slight slip of balance or a lazy grip for a split second might be all that’s needed for an accident. That’s why it’s the slight differences you should consider when buying pads for braking. While it might be from the same company, this product is definitely not the same as the last one.
If you own a Mazda model from 2014 to 2017, then this will serve you perfectly. Although this product is not as popular in the stores as many others, it’s got a fair share of good features given its price. It’s got the copper-free feature with an advanced ceramic friction formula.
There’s a protective transfer layer based on chemicals that makes sure it doesn’t wear out in just a few months. You don’t have to worry about installation since the hardware kit it comes with has everything you might possibly need for the job.
However, critics say that it is heavy built makes it less quiet compared to other products. It weighs 3.5 pounds. It doesn’t come with a brake wear indicator clip and does squeak sometimes on the drive. But if the noise doesn’t bother you, go ahead and buy it.
- Weighs 3.5 pounds
- Comes with synthetic lubricant in the hardware kit
- Appropriate for models from 2014 to 2017
- It has a protective layer to prevent rubbing or transfer
- Copper-free and constructed with alloys using the formula of advanced ceramic friction
Q. What are brake pads, and why do we need them?
Answer: The brake pads are equipment that utilizes a vehicle’s rotors to create friction. They press together against the rotors, and as the brake squeezes them, the car stops. They’re needed to ensure your car doesn’t spin out of control due to lack of pressure and grip when you brake.
Q. What’s the best material for these?
Answer: Ceramic material is the best for such pads. It’s because they are meant for heavy braking, and they last longer. Organic ones cost less but wear out faster. Again, fully authentic metallic ones are perfect if you don’t particularly need hard braking jobs; want to stay in budget but still need to stop clean.
Q. How long do these pads last?
Answer: Usually, these sets of stopping pads last a couple of years when well taken care of. If your ones are high quality and ceramic constructed, they can even last longer. Cheap ones might start to squeak and make noise by the end of the third week. But moderate-quality ones last a few months.
Your car is an extension of yourself on the road. Take care of it, and it’ll give you great service. So, replacing brake pads for your Mazda 6 might just be the right decision needed to bring back some accuracy and lightness into your drive.
If you have a Mazda 3 you can look for Top 5 Brake Pads for Mazda 3 Review here.